Wednesday, May 6, 2009

MY BIKE RIDING EXPERIANSE!! HAHAHEHE

There was a time when we were biking and there was Michael Steven, Matthew Jacob, and I. That day was a life changing experience because they scared me with a fake fox. I was 10 years old when this happened. At the time this happened was during the summer time. It was around the evening time when the sun is setting into the horizon.
We were biking all day and ended up a Matthew’s house. We decided to have a race from Matthew’s to the well before it got to late. We were all lined up on the corner of the boardwalk behind Matthew’s house. Michael yelled, “Ready, set, go!” right after he said that I saw a flash of two people biking ahead of me. I pedaled as hard and as fast as I could to get caught up. Michael and Matthew slowed down so I could get caught up a bit.
I got to the point where I was close enough to hear them talking. I heard them mumble “we should trick Andrew” but it was hard to hear what they were saying. When I got about halfway between the yellow tanks and the teacher’s house Michael turned and yelled, “There’s a fox behind you!” and they both started biking faster.
Parents and elders would always say that you could never know if a fox had rabies or not. They also said if you get bitten by a rabid fox that you’d have to get shots in your stomach. The thought of getting a shot in my stomach and thinking about how painful it would feel scared me.
When Michael said there was a fox behind me a sudden burst of energy made me bike faster. I was so scared that it made start to cry. My little legs pumped as fast as they could. I could feel the wind pushing against my face and it felt like I was going fast but I really wasn’t.
Michael and Matthew had stopped at the bend in the boardwalk. They were standing there hollering, “Bike faster!" Bike faster” I was frantically biking in horror. My heart was pounding and pounding and I felt like I wasn’t even moving.
When I got to them I stopped right beside them and saw them were smiling.
Matthew then said, “We were just kidding about the fox.”
I was relieved that there was no fox there but it was frustrating to try to bike fast. I felt a little embarrassed about the whole thing.
After that Matthew and Michael brought me back home. I was too scared to my bike home. Nowadays I think of myself not being as scared as I was. I think of that night and it makes me chuckle.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I love it! I honestly think this is one of, if not your best, pieces you have ever written. Thanks so much for publishing and sharing it. It was a joy to work on this with you! Only a week and a half left!